2.18.2013

three zero



B I R T H D A Y   G I R L
I turned the big 3-0 over the weekend.
How did this happen?
When I was a kid I thought 30 was soooo old.
But, I still feel like a wee babe.
My dad tells me that feeling never goes away...
So, here's to pretending I am a mature woman now or something like that.
We celebrated with food and some outlet shopping.
I bought myself a blue polka-dot cardigan and it was on clearance! score!
I also got some really sweet cards in the mail and fun messages from friends.
It was a good one.

P R E G N A N C Y   U P D A T E
I am almost 30 weeks now (ok, 29 and one half).
I can no longer wear my wedding ring - my chubby fingers say so.
My belly button now shows through my shirts which is attractive. (insert sarcasm here)
Sometimes I forget I am pregnant and then I stand up and the body aches remind me.
Despite lots of praying and crossing of fingers, I did fail my 1-hour glucose test.
I am hoping to take the 3-hour test this week, and pass! (pretty please?)
What can I say, this baby loves chocolate. I think that is officially my pregnancy craving.
Baby boy kicks and punches me all night long. It is a cool feeling.
It is pretty obvious that I am "with child" now and people are noticing.
I get a kick out of their various stories and advice, even if it isn't always positive.
We are still unsure about a name (I have a long list but nothing quite clicks yet).
I hope baby boy knows we can't wait to meet him.

{who, me?}


11 comments :

Eevi said...

beautiful!

Janelle said...

My belly button never popped with either pregnancy, and I kind-of wish that it had. I think it's cute.

lissa said...

Lookin' good! And Happy 30th! I turn 30 this year too, and I feel a little weird about it for the same reason you mentioned. My brain still tells me I'm 20, but my body disagrees!

Sue said...

So excited for you guys. You look darling, Katie.

=D

The Mortensens said...

Katie, you look beautiful as always. And TINY little belly. I love it. Happy birthday! I'm still so excited for you and your new little guy, you will be a wonderful mother!

kara

allegra said...

My belly botton popped too. I thought it was kinda cute. :) hahaha. you definitely look adorable! I an NOT believe you're already 30 weeks! I'm sure you think it's not flying by, but wow... i swear I just read you were pregnant not too long ago. So exciting! Names are SO hard. Hard to agree on one you both like, hard to find the right fit... sometimes it just takes looking at them and then it clicks. Happy Belated Birthday!

allegra said...

So sorry about the glucose test. I hope the next one passes. I'll keep you in my prayers. :)

allegra said...

*looking at him, not them. gosh sorry for the numerous comments. hahah

Jennie La said...

Oh my gosh you look great! You made it to 30 weeks for people to notice on your little bod. Tell more about this test?! Ug. Sorry. Lovin you.

Anonymous said...

We're a gaggle of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with useful information to work on. You'νe dоnе а formiԁable
tasκ and our whоlе grouρ shаll be grateful to you.


My ωеb blοg; hcg diet drop

Anonymous said...

whοah this weblog is magnificent i like reading your
articles. Staу up the greаt ωork! You аlreаdy knоw, many peoрle are looking гound for thiѕ informatіon,
you сould aіԁ thеm greatlу.


Feel frеe to surf tо my homepage; buy hcg - www.xfire.com

Copyright 2012. Katie Blacker. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.